Don’t let anyone fool you when they say that flour is flour. Wrong. I was that person who thought that all-purpose flour was, well, all-purpose flour — until just about 30 minutes ago, when I made the same flatbread that I made about a week ago with “All-Purpose Flour” with “Blue Bird Bread Flour” instead. The gates of heaven opened up and the angels sang. It was that good and that different! I’m a believer, now folks. So, when it comes to bread baking, it’s all about the flour, so don’t skimp – it’s totally worth getting the good stuff.
And here’s the recipe for the flatbread peeps! Recipe for the hummus coming soon.
Tuscan Flatbread - No Yeast
Great bread for dipping or to use as a wrap.
Write a review
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP salt (or more to taste)
- 2 TBSP baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup ice water
- Using a stand mixer, or by hand: In a large bowl combine flour, oil, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and ice water.
- Mix ingredients until dough is soft and all ingredients are combined.
- Divide dough into 4 even pieces and roll into balls.
- Sprinkle flour on your work surface (counter) and a bit on a rolling pin. Roll each dough ball to about 1/4 inch thick. Pierce top of dough with fork.
- On either an outdoor grill, or indoor grill pan, grill bread over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side until nicely browned.
- Cut into triangles, strips or leave in once piece depending on use.
The Desert Baroness cooking.eating.living.blogging http://www.thedesertbaroness.com/